CQ Activate Tree
Through Activation you can only activate one resource at a time or number of limited resource through multi select. However some time you have a situation where more than one files or a resource tree needs to be activated (For example new section of website is going live).
Using Tree Activation:
- From site admin click on Tools -> Replication
- Then double click on activate tree. You can also directly go there by HOST:PORT/etc/replication/treeactivation.html
- You can then select Start Path. All resource under that path and subpath will be activated. If Possible do not select path with a lot of children's in it. That might cause performance issue.
- You can also various options for activation. Based on option selected all pages will get activated.
- Here is what various options mean
Tree Activation Options
For Resource Option:
- Only Modified: only activate pages that have been modified.
- Only Activated: only activate pages that have (already) been activated. Acts as a form of reactivation.
- Ignore Deactivated: ignore any pages which have been deactivated.
- Select Dry Run if you want to check which pages would be activated. This is only an emulation, no pages will be activated.
- Select Activate if you want to activate the pages.
Curl command to do Tree Activation:
Curl Tree Activation CQ
curl -u admin:admin -F cmd=activate -F ignoredeactivated=true -F onlymodified=true -F path=/content/geometrixx http://HOST:PORT/etc/replication/treeactivation.html